The Autodesk 3ds Max 2016 – Modeling and Shading Essentials offers a hands-on exercises based strategy for all those digital artists [no experience required] who have just started working on the 3ds Max and interested in learning modeling, shading, and texturing in 3ds Max. This brilliant guide takes you step-by-step through the whole process of modeling, shading, and texturing. All tools, features, and concepts are discussed in detail.
In this book, the author has covered polygon and spline modeling techniques, modeling processes using Ribbon, material editors, Autodesk Materials, standard materials/maps, and mental ray’s Arch & Design material. A better understanding of materials and maps gives you ability to add realism to your artwork. The concepts you will learn using this book will immensely help you in creating realistic looking models.
What You Will Learn?
* Navigating the workspace
* Customizing the interface and understanding various UI components
* Working with the file management commands
* Understanding workspaces
* Understanding the enhanced menu system
* Using the navigational gizmos
* Polygon modeling techniques
* Modeling and painting processes using the Ribbon
* Spline modeling techniques
* Effecting use of modifiers
* Working with the useful but less talked about tools
* Efficiently use Compact and Slate material editors
* Create shading networks using material editors
* Quickly apply shading to models using the Autodesk Materials
* Create variety of shading models using mental ray’s Arch & Design material
* Learn the mental ray’s features such as Global Illumination, Final Gather, and Caustics
* Work with UVs using UV Editor
What you need?
To complete the examples and hands-on exercises in this book, you need v2016 of Autodesk 3ds Max. To know more about 3ds Max, visit the following links:
If you are an educator or student, you can access free Autodesk software from the Autodesk Education Community. The Autodesk Education Community is an online resource with more than five million members that lets educators and students to download free Autodesk software. In addition, you can connect with millions of other digital artists to know about latest and greatest in the CG industry.
What are the main features of the book?
* Content written using 3ds Max 2016 in an easy to understand language
* 43 Hands-on exercises to hone your skills
* Detailed coverage of tools and features
* Additional tips, guidance, and advice are provided
* Important terms are in bold face so that you never miss them
* Support for technical aspect of the book
* Free textures, background design, and 3ds max files available for download from the accompanying website
How This Book Is Structured?
This book is divided into following units:
Unit M1 – Introduction to 3ds Max – I
Unit M2 – Introduction to 3ds Max – II
Unit M3 – Working with Geometric Primitives and Architectural Objects
Unit M4 – Working with Polygons
Unit M5 – Graphite Modeling Tools
Unit M6 – Working with Shapes
Unit M7 – Modifiers
Unit MH1- Hands-on Exercises [Modeling] Unit S1 – Material Editors
Unit S2 – Standard Materials and Maps
Unit S3 – Mental Ray and Autodesk Materials
Unit SH1 – Hands-on Exercises [Shading – I] Unit SH2 – Hands-on Exercises [Shading – II] Unit SH3 – Hands-on Exercises [Shading – III]
More info: bit.ly/modeling-texturing