From apple pie to baklava, cannoli to gulab jamun, sweet treats have universal appeal in countries around the world. This encyclopedia provides a comprehensive look at global dessert culture.
• Discusses iconic desserts and sweet treats in their cultural and historical contexts in North and Latin America; the Caribbean; Europe; North Africa and the Middle East; Sub-Saharan Africa; Central, South, and East Asia; and the Pacific
• Feeds into the World Geography database and allows students of geography, social studies, language, and anthropology to examine cultural trends and make cross-cultural connections
• Looks at regional desserts across the United States
• Includes a selection of contributed family recipes from around the world to provide hands-on learning
• Features sidebars of interesting, fun facts and anecdotes relating to desserts and sweet treats